Best Practices for Online Learning – “Dirty Dozen” (our must do’s for online teaching)
- POP’s – “Palmer’s Online Pointers” weekly tips from our Title III Star Instructor
- Instructor Online Training
Ways to ensure rigor and best practices are being used.
- Faculty Resource Page
- Title III Department Resources
- Meeting with Instructional Designer
- In-Service Trainings
- Professional Development
What are some strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for online teaching?
- Flexible Schedules, hybrid availability, family connectedness
- Technology knowledge, on the fly learning
- Students able to take courses that may not be able to attend on campus
- Online Tuition-free colleges?